Haj Trilingual Website Launched Today – haj.gov.in
The Minister of State(I/C), Ministry of Minority Affairs Mr Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi today launched the trilingual website www.haj.gov.in . It is related to Haj Matters . The website is in Hindi, Urdu and English languages. At this occasion the Secretary(MA), Joint Secretary (Haj and Wakf), senior officers of the ministry, Haj Committee of India and NIC were present.
Mr. Naqvi informed that the website will facilitate online application for Haj. This website will give information of the following matters :
- Information about Ministry of Minority Affairs
- Haj Department
- Haj Pilgrimage, rules and regulations on Haj
- Haj Committee of India and private tour operators
- The website also has Do’s and Don’ts during Haj
- Film informing about various aspects of the pilgrimage, he added
- Include information on various agencies involved in Haj management
- Useful contacts of the central and state Haj authorities
- Location maps of State Haj Houses
- Location maps of accommodation sites in Makkah and Medina etc
- Useful links to the website of Haj Committee of India and Consulate General of India, Jeddah
- Hosts information about the Private Tour Operators(PTO) -This would help the prospective pilgrims to gather information about the services provided by the PTO
Referring to preparations for next Haj, the Minister said Haj 2017 has already been announced and from 2nd January 2017, Haj Committee of India will start receiving the application.
Every year Government of India deputes administrative and medical officials on temporary deputation to CGI, Jeddah for 2-3 months. This website provides link for the prospective applicants to enable them to apply online through the dedicated portal. . It also has provision for getting feedback from users and for registration of public grievances.