Acts Which Are Not Permissible During The State of Ihram
Haj pilgrims who are selected , all are gradually gearing up with their preparation . There are many who have still many doubt and question related to Haj pilgrimage . There curiosity is quite right , as there are some rules according to Islam , that should be followed during Haj , especially in the State of Ihram , if not followed, the worship of Umrah or Hajj would be considered incomplete (or if the acts are committed then would require the pilgrim to do kafara) . These rules are :
- Prohibition of Rafath (Sexual Intercourse) during Hajj , not even touch or kiss
- Be obedient
- Be calm and have patience, pilgrims are not supposed to be involved in fight or arguing , as it causes anger and insult.
- The Ihram clothing / dress should not be sewn clothes (for men only).
- It is not permissible to cut any hair on the head or beard (for men)
- Trimming or cutting the nails is not allowed
- Haj pilgrims should not use any kind of perfumes, scents, soap or shampoos which have perfume in them
- It is advisable that men not cover their head and woman not to cover their face while in the state of Ihram
- Any form of killing whether hunting or even killing a home lizard or ant etc are not permissible.
- The gardening or cutting of any trees are also not allowed
- It is not allowed to wear any kind of socks or full shoes. The Pilgrims should wear shoes which clearly show the instep
- While sleeping it is not allowed to cover the face