Key Features of Pakistan Hajj Policy 2019
Much awaited and speculated Pakistan Hajj policy is announced . Some of the speculations related to price hike is now the new truth .The price of performing Hajj has increased by over 60 per cent compared to last year .
The federal cabinet has accorded approval to Hajj Policy 2019, directing the Religious Ministry to provide optimum facilities to intending pilgrims, desiring to perform the sacred religious obligation through Government Hajj Scheme. Other features of this Hajj policy are given below :
- Federal Cabinet, Minister for Information and Broadcasting Chaudhry Fawad Hussain Thursday said that this year the Hajj package would cost Rs 4,36,575 for Northern and Rs 4,26,575 for Southern regions.
- For the first time in history intending pilgrims of Balochistan would be airlifted directly from Quetta.
- As many as 184,210 Pakistanis would perform Hajj his year, including the additional quota of 5,000 granted by the Saudi government.
- 10,000 seats have been reserved from senior citizens to secure their berth in government Hajj scheme without balloting.
- 1.5 percent quota is reserved to accommodate hardship cases
- The operations national flag carrier Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) would start from Quetta and Faisalabad.
- Hajj expenses for the northern zone would be Rs 436,975 and for the southern zone would be Rs 427,975.
- Haji would have to pay additional Rs 19,451 for Qurbani.
- 60 % of the quota would be given to the government and the remaining to private operators.